Today I found this blog about 15 Amazing jQuery Image Gallery/Slideshow Plugins and Tutorials. I really like the Beautiful jQuery Slider Tutorial which you can try on this page.
I wondered how easy it would be to create a similar solution using Silverlight 2.0. So I tried it and it was easy. I have used the HtmlBridge to initialize the ImageSlider with the correct images. Added some animations using Expression Blend. Used the VisualStateManager to style the RadioButtons.
You can download the sourcecode from here.
I finally found some time to test the beta of Visual Studio 2010. No problems found yet. It even supports a visual designer (Cider) for Silverlight projects. You can now use it to drag & drop controls from your toolbox, add rows/columns to a grid and set properties. Things which where only possible in Expression Blend.
I have created a simple rotating clock using Silverlight 3.0. It uses Databinding, Animation and the new Projection property of UI Elements to apply 3D Transformations. You will have to install the Developer Runtime first before you can see it!
- Building Microsoft Silverlight Controls
- Consuming Web Services in Microsoft Silverlight 3
- What's New in Microsoft Silverlight 3
- High-Speed RIA Development with the Microsoft Silverlight Toolkit
- .NET RIA Services - Building Data-Driven Applications with Microsoft Silverlight and Microsoft ASP.NET
- Miss March and Other Distractions
- Building Amazing Business Centric Applications with Microsoft Silverlight 3
- Microsoft ASP.NET: Taking AJAX to the Next Level
- Building Data-Driven Scalable AJAX Web Pages
- Microsoft ASP.NET 4.0 : What's Next?
- Choosing between ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC
- Web Form Design
- User Experience Design for Non-Designers
- Ten Ways to Ensure RIA Failure
- RESTful Services for the Programmable Web with Windows Communication Foundation
- What's New in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) 4
- What's New for Microsoft Silverlight and Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Developers in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Now I can start to write a new Silverlight 3 training!.
Update 20 july 2009: Implemented Silverlight 3.0 RTW and moved the game to http://www.silverarcade.com/games/sonnemaf/sudoku
All postings/content on this blog are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights. All entries in this blog are my opinion and don't necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer or sponsors. The content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution By license.